- Mater: (stopping) "Doo-What?"
Mater: "Excuse me! (looking at Celine sleeping) What are you selling?"
Celine: (waking up) "Headlights, monsieur, headlights?"
Mater: "(gasp) What in the... Uggh!" (runs away)
Celine: "Two for one! I give you good price!"
Mater: (still running away) "It's OK! I'm good!"
- —Mater meets Celine Dephare.
Celine Dephare (pronounce "say•leen duh•far") is a minor character in Cars 2. Her name means Celine "of headlights" in French.
Celine's eyes are in her headlights, the car part she coincidentally sells in Paris at the Marché Aux Pièces. When Mater strolls into her stall while she was asleep, but when she woke up, her unusual, but strange appearance frightens him. She tried to help some more, but Mater was still scared and okay.
- The character is a reference to John Lasseter feeling it was more appealing for cars' eyes to be on their windshields instead of in their headlights, the typically preferred location for anthropomorphized vehicles.
- She's the only character in the whole Cars series with eyes in her headlights.
- Her license plate, revealed in her Mattel die-cast release, is CUR 10 SIT3. "Curiosité" is the French word for "curiosity," an apt description of Celine.
- Unlike the other Cars vehicles, Celine's windows are fully transparent and reveal her interior, which features such real-world elements as a rearview mirror, seats, dashboard, and a steering wheel. (However, her die-cast's windows are completely opaque.)
- Celine's design appears to be derived from a hard-top Alfa Romeo Spider.
- In "The Many Adventures of Lightning McQueen and Mater", she gains a lazy personality. She can often be found sleeping in the Curios shop.
Classic Celine Dephare (from Paris Catastrophe and Classics)
"Sleeping" Celine Dephare (from Super Chase)
Hot Rod Celine Dephare (from Hot Rodders)
"Blazing" Celine Dephare (from Trail Blazers)
Talking Celine Dephare (from Talking)
"French Glory" Celine Dephare (from French Glory)
"Bedtime Gear" Celine Dephare (from Super Chase)