- "Don't take me out, Coach. I can still race!"
- —Chuck Armstrong telling Tow not to take him out
In Cars, Chuck competes in the Dinoco 400 at the Motor Speedway of the South. During the race, an accident occurs between all of the competitors except Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks, Strip Weathers, Mac iCar, Eugene Carbureski and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Chuck goes airborne and receives intense severe damage from the crash, and as Tow tows him away, Chuck interjects, claiming he is still able to compete. Later, Chuck rejoins the race.
Physical description == Scruggs is Piston Cup racing stock car Axxelo Fission. He use Lightyear racing tires. His maximal speed is 298 km/h (185.169 mph) and his horsepower is 580. He was based on 1980 Buick Regal. He has green eyes.
He is painted dark blue, with black and white stripes on his sides. He the Mood Springs logo on his hood and the number 33 painted in white on his doors and roof. He also a dark blue spoiler and dark blue rims.
- Chuck resembles a modified Honda S2000.
- He is one of the 2 minor Piston Cup racers who can talk. The other one being Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- He is the only racer sponsored by Mood Spring who can talk as is replacements, Dud and Ed don't.
- Even though he could run in the restart, he was seen in the pratice lap before the restart.