Lightning McQueen and Mater are driving in Radiator Springs and drive past Red, who is hosing some plants near Stanley. Mater tells Lightning that he used to be a firetruck, but Lightning doesn't believe him.
The film then shows a burning building (the gasoline and match factory) and many cars are scared. Mater is then shown as a firetruck and the fire alarm rings. Mater quickly zooms over to the burning building and shoots water at the burning building. Mia and Tia are there, too and are painted white with black spots like Dalmatians.
The film then goes back to Rescue Squad Mater rescuing Lightning from the building and put into an ambulance just when the building blows up. Lightning is then rushed to the hospital and seen going though many doors and then seen in Dr. Mater's office revealing that Mater is a doctor too. Mia, Tia, and Kori Turbowitz also appear as nurses, along with a yellow GTO. Lightning is then seen screaming as he is getting repaired.
- Lightning McQueen
- Mia and Tia
- Kori Turbowitz
- Nurse GTO
- Rescue Squad Ambulance
- Rescue Squad Chopper
- Rescue Squad Trooper
- Orderly Pitty
- Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
- Keith Ferguson as Lightning McQueen
- Lindsey Collins as Mia
- Elissa Knight as Tia
- Taborah Johnson as Rescue Squad Ambulance
- Jim Cummings as Rescue Squad Trooper
- Mater's license plate reads RSQ M8R, his normal one is A113. When he is Dr. Mater, his license plate reads DR M8R. The last digits, M8R, are an allusion to Mater's name.
- Mater's eyes are usually hazel-colored, but here his eyes are blue. However, some toys based on this short still depict him with with his usual hazel eyes.
- Mia's license plate says GRU P 1, and Tia's says GRU P 2, according to their die-casts.
- The diecast of the Rescue Chopper below was made for Cars Take Flight, a competition where people make videos of themselves saying one of McQueen and Mater's lines from Air Mater and Moon Mater to win a vacation to Cars Land.
|Cars Toons Episodes|
|<<||N/A||<||Rescue Squad Mater||>||Mater the Greater||>>|