Vladimir Trunkov is an antagonist in Cars 2.
"Before becoming the leader of the Trunkov family, Vladimir was a gray-market parts smuggler behind the "Iron Bumper". But when the power of his country shifted back to an autocracy, he changed his name and went underground. Known on the street as "Big Ears" because of the two side-panel air inlets, Vladimir was able to hear trouble coming kilometers before anyone else. With so many close calls, Vladimir doesn't know how many strokes he's got left in his engine."
Vladimir Trunkov is a light blue yellow striped Zaporozhets who works with Professor Z. He is head of the Trunkov family. During the film, Vladimir and the the other main heads of the three lemon families (Gremlin, Pacer, Hugo) attend a meeting with Professor Z in Porto Corsa to discuss their evil plans about discrediting the Allinol by using the radiation disguised camera to crash out the racers in the World Grand Prix that use the gas, and ensure that all cars keep using conventional fuel to secure the profits of their "lemon" organization who managed to secure the largest unexplored oil resources in the world. Vladimir is seen smiling at the idea.
- Vladimir is modeled as a ZAZ-968 Zaporozhets car with one adjustment: the letter T on his front bumper, which stands for his last name; Trunkov.
- Vladimir's color scheme (blue and yellow) reflects the Ukrainian state flag. The ZAZ plant is located in Zaporozhye, Ukraine.
- According to his die-cast, his license plate is 19-71 SMK, the same as Petrov Trunkov's.
- Vladimir's tires read Road Hug, the same as Acer, Fred Pacer, and one British Police Officer.
- When Mater scans Vladimir and the other lemon heads, it is shown that Vladimir is currently wanted in The Republic of New Rearendia, which is a fictional country that Rip Clutchgoneski is from. This is possibly another Easter egg.
- Victor Hugo: "Is the big boss here yet?"
Vladimir Trunkov: "No, not yet."
Tubbs Pacer: "He's supposed to be here any minute."
- —Vladimir Trunkov and Tubbs Pacer answer Victor Hugo's question about the Big Boss's arrival.